So What's It Like Having A Shirtless Billboard Pic In Time Square? Cosmo Asked Theo James All About It

Cosmo spoke to Theo James about playing up-and-coming detective, Walter Clark in Golden Boy, having a shirtless billboard pic in Time Square, if he's prepared to become a major heartthrob in America & MORE

Check out the interview below to  see what Theo had to say

 photo TimesSquareBillboard.jpg

Cosmo: Are you tired of being recognized as Mr. Pamuk?

Theo James: Obviously, it's awesome to be recognized and the show is a great piece of work, but I suppose it is strange because he's only in about 20 minutes of one episode. So I hear, though, he's still in the show by name through the end of season one and season two apparently?

Cosmo: It was one of the most. crucial. episodes. ever. He's the stuff of Downton sex legend!

Theo: They should have paid me more! I mean, it's very, very flattering. But the ratio of work I actually did to all the talk about it... it feels a bit fraudulent.

Cosmo: How did you drop your British accent and pick up New Yorkese for Golden Boy?

Theo: I think [Homeland's] Damien Lewis said this, but I just basically had to speak in the (New York) accent from the moment I got in the van to go to the set 'til the weekend when I was shitfaced. It would be like (adopts New York accent), "Yo, Pamuk! What's happenin,' Pamuk, man? You've been in Instanbul?'"

Cosmo: That was the best moment of our lives to date. Are you prepared to become a major heartthrob in America?

Theo: It'll be interesting to see what happens. I can still blend into the background, but one of my friends was in Times Square and took a picture of a huge billboard and sent it to me, saying, 'Who the f*** is that guy?' And it's me without my shirt on.

Cosmo: Do you feel objectified?

Theo: It's always a bit of a wrestle. Naturally, obviously, nudity is a part of life. You don't mind doing it as long as it furthers the story. But when it doesn't, that's when you need to question it.

Cosmo: Can we assume your shirtlessness means Walter is in a romantic entanglement?

Theo: He's a bit of a player. There's the beginnings of something with Bonnie Somerville, but it's complicated, because there's an affair going on with her and another character, so there's a rivalry there. He's also a bit of a loner and he protects himself emotionally, but he ends up meeting this journalist and he kind of opens up to her and starts maybe showing a bit of his vulnerable side.

Cosmo: Are you a player in real life?

Theo: You know what? I've had a girlfriend for a long time, so I don't really feel like that much of a player now. There were times I when I'd go out and have some fun, but I wouldn't say I was a "playa."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...